PointLED® – Allround perfection
PointLED® – One of themost flexible packages in its class
Flexible space saver
Unlike conventional SMT LEDs, OSRAM Opto Semiconductors’ PointLED® is a round component, capable of through-hole mounting. This means it doesn’t protrude above the surface of the circuit board, making it the ideal choice in all kinds of applications where space is critical. It can also be surface-mounted, making it the ultimate flexible choice of LED.
PointLED®, a totally different miniature package, ideal for designs with limited space.
The package offers flexibility for various assembly configurations. Depending on the application, it can be mounted through a hole or on top of the PCB.
High efficiency optimized for backlighting
The new PointLED® is optimized for coupling into light guides. It is ideal for extremely flat backlights due to zero height for LCD illumination. The symmetric radiation pattern allows even backlighting. Long life silicone packaged in white PointLEDs®.
- Package: white SMT package, colored diffused resin
- Chip technology: InGaN
- Typ. Radiation: 120° (Lambertian emitter)
- Color: Cx = 0.33, Cy = 0.33 acc. to CIE 1931 (● white)
- Corrosion Robustness Class: 3B
- ESD: 2 kV acc. to ANSI/ESDA/JEDEC JS-001 (HBM, Class 2)
- Top mount or reverse mount assembly for ease of manufacturing
- Optical Indicators, (Push-)Buttons and Switches
- Signal and Symbol Luminaires
- Textile Illumination
- Transportation (Off-road, Agriculture, Mining…)
• Key pad illumination
• Backlighting of cellular phones, switches, displays